Monday, January 4, 2010

Which Winter Classic Jersey is the Best?

I have been a huge fan of the Winter Classic since its inception New Year's Day 2008.  I've watched all three games and plan to keep up the tradition and pass it onto my family someday under the threat of death.  Kidding...

My favorite part of the Classic?  Those awesome retro jerseys!  Each year the league has stepped it up and come out with a set of jerseys better than the last.  So, without further ado, check out all six sweaters and place your vote using the poll on the sidebar.  (Poll has closed, results at the bottom of this post)

2008:

Pittsburgh


Buffalo
 

2009:

Detroit


Chicago


2010:

Philadelphia


Boston
 

If you feel so impassioned, make your argument in the comments section.  (Results: Chicago - 9 votes, Pittsburgh - 4, Buffalo - 2, Boston - 1, Detroit & Philadelphia - 0)

13 comments:

  1. as much as it pains me to say this, I like the pens jersey best (ouch, that really hurt). Boston comes in a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe someone *cough Jenniwa30 cough* picked Pittsburgh! For me it's Chicago with Pittsburgh being my second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you are clearly wrong, Boston easily takes the cake. Chi-town with a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with Carolina Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. clearly wrong??? I thought this was a poll not a multiple choice question!!!! And yes, CG as much as it hurt, that is my fav, I almost bought one last year before the horrid playoff experience. I am older and wiser now. I HATE THE PENS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @canescup-because nothing says manly hockey player better than baby blue right? Nah.
    @jenniwa30-I don't know if we could be friends if you (still) had a Pens' jersey. I gave my Pens' stuff away after last year. Too many bad feelings.

    And I'm not a fan of yellow so Boston was a non-factor for me. Chicago and Pittsburgh are winning; in fact there is only one vote for Boston. Perhaps it's not us that are wrong after all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jenniwa30 - Yes it is a poll....... but you are still wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ E. Cooney - Funny, Boston still only has 1 vote???

    ReplyDelete
  9. And Chicago and Pittsburgh have 3 each. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say? People have no taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed completely-look no further than the person who voted for Boston. Oh wait... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete